During the Holidays oven space is prime real state and the last thing we need is another dish that requires 45 minutes in the oven, which is why throwing together a salad is perfect for the holidays, they are quick, easy and healthy!! I love changing up my salad toppings combinations to keep things exciting, some of my favorite go to toppings are:
- Seeds: raw pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, chia seeds, seasame seeds, pomegranate seeds
- Fruit: apples, pears, organge slices, strawberries, bluberries, grapefruit slices
- Nuts: pecans, walnuts, slivered almonds, hazelnuts, cashews, pine nuts
The list of toppings is endless!! Since nuts and seeds can last for a long time, I usually have most of the toppings listed above in my kitchen to avoid getting bored or burned out eating the same salad everyday! Today’s salad is inspired by the fall, pomegranate and pear, to help set the tone for the Holidays!
- 1 box of organic spring mix
- 1 Bosc pear, sliced
- 1/2 cup of pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup of pecans
- 3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of Djion mustard
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and dry spring mix and top with pear slices, pomegranate seeds and pecans.
- Toss with dressing and enjoy!!
What are your favorite salad toppings?!!