If you live here in Texas then you know summer is tip-toeing at our doorsteps! All of this amazing weather has me craving all things summer and for my family that means boating, swimming, and more water!! Most of the time food items you can find on any boat are chips, sandwiches, cookies, alcohol and if you are lucky sometimes fruit. Not exactly bikini friendly if you ask me but this crab spread/dip is out of this world and perfect for summer time activities! You can slice up some cucumbers to make it over the top healthy, serve it with crackers, top a salad with it or even use it to make a sandwich (which I did last night between two slices of Ezekiel toast)! This definitely got the husband’s approval too, Ryan was eating it by the spoonful! The recipe only takes a few minutes to make and besides the crab you might have all of the ingredients already in your kitchen…. Now on to that ridiculously amazing recipe!
- 1 pound of wild caught crab meat
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 a large cucumber, chopped
- 1/4 cup of cilantro, chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 small avocado
- 1 large shallot
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled
- juice from 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons of plain greek yogurt
- In a food processor add in the avocado, garlic clove, shallot, 2 tablespoons - 1/4 cup of plain greek yogurt*, and juice from 1/2 the lime. Process until smooth and set aside. Then in a large mixing bowl add in the crab meat, bell pepper, 1/2 the cucumber, and cilantro. Then add in the dressings and mix well! Lastly, add the other half of the lime juice and salt and pepper to taste! Serve and enjoy!
- *I used 1/4 cup of plain greek yogurt but I don't think I needed all of that. Next time I would start with 2 tablespoons process and see how I like that consistency and if needed add more greek yogurt.
Do you love summer just as much as I do?!