These muffins are mind blowing delicious!! I have been craving a healthy spin on the classic banana bread! I grew up
devouring eating banana bread and every time my poor little bananas get just a little too old to eat I feel really guilty throwing them out (usually I try to bag them up and put them in the freezer for another recipe). This time when the craving hit there weren’t any bananas ripe enough in sight #justmyluck so I thought I would try my own method and attempted to BLOW-DRY my banana to ripeness, my mother-in-law probably thought I was crazy standing in her kitchen at 10pm blow drying bananas but what is a blogger to do?!? So then I used that amazing little website some might know as google and found an awesome video on how to age bananas for bread (that actually works). One of these days I will learn to google first and invent my own method after all failed attempts… Also at 10pm at night when my ingredients were running low and the grocery stores were closed I had to find a recipe that would use what I had and thank goodness the stars were aligned that night and I made a healthy banana bread on my first try, this must be a record!
- 1/4 cup of peanut butter
- 2 ripe medium/large bananas
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons of grade B maple syrup
- 1/2 cup of rolled oats
- 1/4 cup of almond meal (almond flour)
- 2 tablespoons of ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray your muffin tin with cooking spray. Add all ingredients into a food processor or a blender and process until while combine and consistent. Pour batter into muffin tins 3/4 of the way full and place in the oven for 10-20 minutes (I used a regular size muffin tin and got 12 muffins, my sister used a larger muffin tin and only got 9- use what you have)!
Because I had to try some with chocolate chips…. and man that was definitely a good choice! Yes this is real life and yes I was drooling while taking photos Group photo! How cute are the mini ones?!? no rules…. just love! These muffins were absolutely heavenly! Do you love banana bread?! If so do you have a healthy recipe that is your go to or a favorite topping?! I would love to hear from you!