I love the idea of drinking a smoothie or a shake as a meal replacement, what’s not to love?! They taste good, quick/easy to make and suppose to be healthy for us! Unfortunately, sometimes after drinking them I am left feeling still hungry or hungry within 2 hours and/or symptoms of low blood sugar that requires I eat more (#thatisnotmygoal)!! Thanks to all the juices, fruits, and sweeteners put into what is suppose to be a healthy option, we now have a high calorie/sugar bomb… no thank you!! This smoothie we are making today is guaranteed to keep you full and sugar crashes far away because we are using healthy fats as a smoothie base: Avocados! Yup, that’s right! A lean green smoothie using our favorite guac ingredient 🙂
- 1/4 a medium avocado
- 1/2 a medium banana, frozen and sliced
- 1/2 cup of raw spinach (or one heaping handful)
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 1/2 cup of ice (if needed)
- 2 teaspoons of cocoa powder
- 1/2 tablespoon of chiaseed/flaxseed coconut & cocoa blend**
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth (duh)!!!
- **Chia seed/ Flaxseed blend: http://www.amazon.com/Spectrum-Essentials-Decadent-Blend-Coconut/dp/B00CS5T2C2
What is your favorite non-conventional ingredients to use in a smoothie?