I absolutely love jam but the ingredients in the store bought kind are terrifying so I have been staying far away from jellies/jams as much as possible! Until recently, on pinterest (pinterest for the win) I have been seeing a lot of recipes for chia seed jam and I figured I would try to make my own!! This recipe only has 4 ingredients and they are all familiar to most people so this recipe is a no brainer! I loved when the jam was simmering on the stove our apartment smelled amazing!! Also, I know some ‘health’ recipes can get a little too healthy and the flavor can be off but this is not one of those recipes!! I was extremely impressed by how sweet and jam like this recipe is, you won’t even notice it was made with chia seeds (my husband sure didn’t)!!! You can also use this recipe to stir in to the chia seed pudding, irish oats, rolled oats, yogurt (if you eat that), top your pancakes with it, spread it on gluten free bread or Ezekiel toast or like my husband mentioned put it on top of vanilla ice cream!
- 3 cups of raspberries, washed
- Juice from 1 ripe blood orange
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup (grade B)
- 3 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- Add the juice from the blood orange, raspberries, and maple syrup into a sauce pan to a bring to a boil. Once the boiling add in the chia seeds and reduce the heat to simmer for 15 minutes. Once the jam has been reduced stir in the vanilla and pour into an airtight container. Serve when ready!!